Saturday 14 December 2013

Artist: Ron Wong (Singapore)



Ron uses paintings to take a critical view at social and humanity amid expressing them in a caricatured and ironical way. Subjects and faces of the paintings were created from memories of Ron’s past and daily experiences. While the mild distortions were not intentional, Ron painted them as per her memories.
“I did it because they are what I see. I do not try to see the best in people, but I try my best to see the real people in them. I believe a level of aesthetics can be revealed by putting the opposing elements together such as beauty and ugliness, truth and falsity, good and evil, as they can bring out the best qualities of one another. This level of aesthetics can never dilute or diminish life's realities, but only to encourage humanity towards the better.”
In Innocence and I Will Follow You, Ron depicts the theme on love, childhood and its accompanying innocence. Each painting has a story of its own, waiting to be remembered and told through the eyes of a child and the awakened memories of the adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment